[Chat] Assessment notices...nothing like it for rousing New Year cheer

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 1 14:50:13 EST 2008

>Good morning....thanks, gentlemen, for your opening discussion
>comments.  I remain unclear, however, as to how land value alone
>could have climbed from 30 to 40 K three years ago to 140 K in this
>latest assessment.
>Cathy

I have a question about land value and how it is factored in to the tax.
I don't own the land my house sits on.  That land is owned by Nancy
Hubble to whom we pay ground rent.  It doesn't seem right that my
assessment should include tax on land that I don't own.  So, how
does that all work?

-Kathleen

--
Kathleen Wilsbach