[Chat] Assessment notices...nothing like it for rousing New Year cheer

JASON GOUCHER gouchfolk at verizon.net
Tue Jan 1 09:04:29 EST 2008

Good morning....thanks, gentlemen, for your opening discussion comments.  I remain unclear, however, as to how land value alone could have climbed from 30 to 40 K three years ago to 140 K in this latest assessment.  Again, Calvert St offers no beautiful water view, quiet cul-de-sac, bucolic vistas, etc......
I did appeal an assessment two cycles ago and won.  At the time, in referencing the property worksheet I was sent, I found errors with regard to the number of bathrooms and kitchens assigned to the home, as well as made the case then for the noise and pollution factors impacting my home due to location.
Despite the property values having risen in recent years in CV (and, yes, I would imagine the rising assessments as having the potential to negatively impact future home sales in the area), I continue to feel unshaken in my resolve to appeal...
Cathy