[Chat] Fwd: Re: Baltimore City Frequently Asked Questions:Plastic recycling

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jan 15 17:19:59 EST 2008

I hope that this provides the definitive answer about why some things
cannot be recycled.

I can buy smaller containers of cat litter in cardboard boxes, but the
cost at Giant would be about 50% higher per pound of cat litter.  And I
do not need containers for water or for storing dry goods; when I do
need such a container, then I will have use for an occasional container,
but most containers unfortunately will find their way to landfills.

Let us hope that eventually, containers with a "2" that can be recycled
will be used for cat litter.

Steve.