[Chat] Call City Hall...Urge City Council to Ban Blue Bags:

Schlegel, William B CW4 RES USAR USARC william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Sat Jul 19 08:03:44 EDT 2008

I like Andrew's comments (see his note below Joe's).

 I am not sure banning bags is the answer - seeing as the paper industry may
not be able to meet the needs of customer's in a "green way" either.  I
actually used several of Giant's sturdy reuseable bags last night and was
able to fit all of my groceries into two of them - savinag at least 10 of
the plasic ones.  Both fit in the back of my SMART car along with a lot of
sruff friom another store - alas in plastic bags, but everything fit with
room to spare.  Giant gave me 5 cents credit for each of the reusable bags
that I brought (three) and did not take off the extra nickel when I ended up
only using two.   The bags cost less than $1.00 and have sturdy shoulder and
hand straps.

As for the plastic bags - I use many for disposing of cat litter and I
recycle the rest at the grocery store or Walmart.  Good quality ones get
reused as totes and last for many years.  good for carrying shoes in
suticases.

Please Reply To All My E-Mail Addresses !

Sincerely,

W. Brad Schlegel
Block Captain - EGLSCA
1552 Oakridge Road