[Chat] Public Meeting to Save WYPR on 3/27

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Tue Mar 25 23:26:24 EDT 2008

Hello, neighbors,

I'm forwarding this announcement on behalf of Max Obuszewski
and Maria Allwine, who are working with the campaign to Save WYPR.

--Emil

---

The Save WYPR Movement is hosting a public meeting on Thurs., March 27
at 7 PM at St. John’s, 27th & St. Paul Sts.  ARE YOU STILL OUTRAGED
OVER THE FIRING OF MARC STEINER?  TAKE ACTION AND JOIN US AT A PUBLIC
MEETING and WITHHOLD YOUR PLEDGE TO WYPR.

Community backlash to the termination of THE MARC STEINER SHOW has
been significant and ongoing. The fundraising drive originally
scheduled for February was pushed back to April 2 due to public
outrage.

We will discuss our alternative pledge drive (sign a pledge not to
contribute to WYPR), as well as ongoing efforts to take back WYPR from
the moneyed interests.  We need your input and ideas. Contact Maria
Allwine at 443-762-0892 or Max Obuszewski at 410-366-1637.

Go to www.savesteinershow.com, www.BringBackMarcSteiner.com or
www.sosteiner.com.

Donations can be sent to the Baltimore Nonviolence Center,
325 E. 25th St., Baltimore, MD 21218.  Ph: 410-366-1637;
Email: mobuszewski [at] verizon.net