[Chat] [Discussion] FW: [northerncommunitycouncil] Community Council of the Northern District

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Mon Nov 17 18:36:20 EST 2008

John:

Far too many gun crimes have been occurring in Charles Village during
the past couple of months, often during daylight hours.  Another gun
crime in CV to discuss in community meetings:  This morning (Monday) at
8:20 a.m., an arriving employee of JHU Press was abducted at gunpoint
from the parking lot behind the row houses in the 2700 block of Charles
Street (off Lovegrove Alley about the middle of the block).  The
criminal forced the victim to drive to an ATM on 33rd St. and withdraw
cash; the criminal exited the car at 27th and ran off.  Luckily, there
was no physical harm to the victim.

ARMED ROBBERY / ABDUCTION  Rear of 2725 N. Charles Street  November 17,
2008 – 8:20 AM

On Nov. 17th at 8:20 AM, an unknown male abducted a Hopkins employee at
gunpoint as she exited her vehicle.  The suspect displayed a silver
revolver and demanded the victim drive him to an ATM.  She drove the
suspect to the JHU Federal Credit Union, unit block E. 33rd Street where
she withdrew money and gave it to him.  The victim was then directed to
drive the suspect to the corner of 27th and St. Paul Street where he
exited the vehicle and ran south on St. Paul Street.  No injuries.
Investigation continuing.

Description of Suspect:  Black male, early 50’s, 5’8” thin build,
black glasses, black coat wearing a red knit hat.  Armed with a silver
revolver with a black handle.

Linda

>>> John Spurrier <jfspur at hotmail.com> 11/17/2008 6:18 PM >>>

If there is anyone who would like to serve as a representative of
Charles Village
and a liaison between the CVCA and Northern District we would greatly
appreciate
it. The Charles Village Civic Assn board meetings are held at the exact
same time
as the Community Council meetings.

John

From: langwidge at comcast.netTo: discussion at charlesvillage.info;
chat at charlesvillage.infoDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:53:31 -0500Subject:
[Discussion] FW: [northerncommunitycouncil] Community Council of the
Northern District

Posted by Christine Gray