[Chat] Community Council of the Northern District

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:55:45 EST 2008

Thanks, Linda. I saw all of the police activity this morning as I left for work.
Brendan Coyne alerted me to the circumstances via email. Coincidentally onSaturday he and I attended a meeting of residents living in and around the 2600 and 2700 blocks of Guilford Ave related to armed robberies, burglaries, drug dealing, gang activity and unruly juveniles. In my opinion so many of
these crimes are symptoms of the high level of drug addiction in Baltimore.

I'm glad that your coworker was unharmed. It sounds like she handled her
self exceptionally well given the situation.

In the next few weeks the CVCA and residents will be meeting with membersof Northern District to discuss practical solutions to deterring crime.

John> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:36:20 -0500> From: LEF at press.jhu.edu> To: chat at charlesvillage.info; discussion at charlesvillage.info> Subject: Re: [Chat] [Discussion] FW: [northerncommunitycouncil] Community Council of the Northern District> > John:> > Far too many gun crimes have been occurring in Charles Village during> the past couple of months, often during daylight hours. Another gun> crime in CV to discuss in community meetings: This morning (Monday) at> 8:20 a.m., an arriving employee of JHU Press was abducted at gunpoint> from the parking lot behind the row houses in the 2700 block of Charles> Street (off Lovegrove Alley about the middle of the block). The> criminal forced the victim to drive to an ATM on 33rd St. and withdraw> cash; the criminal exited the car at 27th and ran off. Luckily, there> was no physical harm to the victim.> > ARMED ROBBERY / ABDUCTION Rear of 2725 N. Charles Street November 17,> 2008 – 8:20 AM> > On Nov. 17th at 8:20 AM, an unknown male abducted a Hopkins employee at> gunpoint as she exited her vehicle. The suspect displayed a silver> revolver and demanded the victim drive him to an ATM. She drove the> suspect to the JHU Federal Credit Union, unit block E. 33rd Street where> she withdrew money and gave it to him. The victim was then directed to> drive the suspect to the corner of 27th and St. Paul Street where he> exited the vehicle and ran south on St. Paul Street. No injuries. > Investigation continuing. > > Description of Suspect: Black male, early 50’s, 5’8” thin build,> black glasses, black coat wearing a red knit hat. Armed with a silver> revolver with a black handle.> > Linda> > >>> John Spurrier <jfspur at hotmail.com> 11/17/2008 6:18 PM >>>> > If there is anyone who would like to serve as a representative of> Charles Village> and a liaison between the CVCA and Northern District we would greatly> appreciate> it. The Charles Village Civic Assn board meetings are held at the exact> same time> as the Community Council meetings. > > John> > > > From: langwidge at comcast.netTo: discussion at charlesvillage.info;> chat at charlesvillage.infoDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:53:31 -0500Subject:> [Discussion] FW: [northerncommunitycouncil] Community Council of the> Northern District> > > > > > > > Posted by Christine Gray > > > > > > From: northerncommunitycouncil at yahoogroups.com> [mailto:northerncommunitycouncil at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lisa> BoyceSent: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:38 PMTo: wpca-md at yahoogroups.com;> greater-edgevalepark at yahoogroups.com; rpcommunication at rolandpark.org;> northerncommunitycouncil at yahoogroups.comSubject:> [northerncommunitycouncil] Community Council of the Northern District> > > > > > > BALTIMORE POLICE DEPARTMENT> NORTHERN DISTRICT> 2201 WEST COLDSPRING LANE BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21209> > > > > November 17, 2008 > > > Dear Community Leader:> > The Northern District Community Council will meet on> November 19, 2008 at 7:00 pm. This meeting will be held at the Northern> District 2201 W. Coldspring Lane (just west of I83).> > We will have a crime update and discuss current issues and> deployment. Alyson Harkins, Community Law Center Outreach Coordinator,> will speak to the council on how the Community Law Center can assist> your community.> > Please consider bringing canned goods to the meeting so> that we can help ease the hunger felt by some of our Northern District> families.> > Thank you for your interest in making the Northern District> and the City of Baltimore a safe and better place to live. > > > > Northern District> Community Relations > 410-367-8491> Officer Doug Gibson> Officer Jon Walter> > > > __._,_.___ > > Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic > > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |> Calendar > > > MARKETPLACE> > > > > > >From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods> > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via> email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe > > > > Recent Activity> Visit Your Group > > > > Yahoo! News> Kevin Sites> Get coverage of> world crises.> > > New web site?> Drive traffic now.> Get your business> on Yahoo! search.> > > Yahoo! Groups> Going Green Zone> Find ways to go green.> Join a green group.> > .> __,_._,___ > _________________________________________________________________> Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious> email.> http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_safety_112008> > > _______________________________________________> Chat mailing list> Chat at charlesvillage.info> http://charlesvillage.info/mailman/listinfo/chat_charlesvillage.info> archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/chat@charlesvillage.info/