[Chat] volunteers needed for foster kids

dawnacobb at mindspring.com dawnacobb at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 2 20:25:50 EDT 2008

Hi all: A friend and Villager, John Lessner, who volunteers with the CASA program, asked if I would spread the word about this opportunity to help kids in foster care by becoming an advocate for one of them. (Would someone be so kind as to send this on the discussion list??  See info below.

HELP SPREAD THE WORD!!

SHARE WITH FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND COWORKERS

INFORMATION SESSION

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7TH

7:00pm-8:30pm

JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY

HOMEWOOD CAMPUS

LEVERING HALL-SUITE #200

CENTER FOR SOCIAL CONCERN

Thousands of children in Baltimore City are not safe living with their families.  We can’t control where these children come from but we can impact where they go!

Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteer!

Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Baltimore, Inc. has the important role of supporting and advocating for Baltimore City’s 8,000 abused and neglected children.  CASA volunteers ensure that their assigned child’s educational, medical, social service and mental health needs are understood,  that the Court hears what is in the child’s best interest, and that these children have hope for the future.

Imagine yourself as a child who is suddenly thrust into the foster care system. You would likely find yourself moving from one foster family to another, from one unfamiliar neighborhood and school to another.   These children deserve the stability and opportunity that comes with a caring home.  That is why people who live and work in Baltimore City volunteer for CASA of Baltimore…they want to make a difference.

CASA Baltimore, Inc needs dedicated, committed men and women who care about children.  No special experience is required; training and supervision are provided by professional staff.  CASA volunteers are appointed by a judge to provide consistent and caring support for an innocent child involved with the court due to maltreatment.  It takes a few hours a month to have a large impact on the life of a child.

Don’t wait!  The children need your help!

Learn more about being a CASA Volunteer!

410-244-1465                        www.casabalt.org

Susan F. Burger

Executive Director

410-244-1465