[Chat] Another crime wave in lower CV

Greg Alexander ugagrad93 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 18:26:16 EDT 2008

Neighbors, please be careful and keep your eyes open.  In the last five days, we have had three break-ins in our block (2600 Guilford) alone.  One house had all appliances stolen, another resident had a bike stolen off the front porch as he went inside to unlock his door while another house just got broken into today in broad daylight.  Theories abound any but some are saying that the recent increase of police presence on 27th near Barclay – while a great idea – has pushed crooks west to Guilford Avenue.

Let's keep our eyes open and don't hesitate to call the police if you see anything suspicious.  Instead of sitting on my quiet screened-in back porch in the evenings, I plan on sitting on my front porch and stoop for the next week to let these crooks know that we're watching!

Frustrated and angry,
Greg

Greg Alexander
Freelance Writer/Editor