[Chat] Sat, Sept 20: Million Doors for Peace - how to sign up

weinsteinm at aol.com weinsteinm at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 14:57:49 EDT 2008

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilya Sheyman, TrueMajority <alerts at truemajority.org>
To: weinsteinm at aol.com
Sent: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 1:31 pm
Subject: Re: The Iraq Action Team

Dear Matthew ,

Join the Million Doors for Peace day of action.

Thanks for joining our Iraq Action Team earlier this summer. You are one of the key activists we're counting on to help bring this war to an end.

That's why I'm writing today with a special request. Join me and take two hours on Saturday, September 20th, 2008 to talk to your neighbors in Baltimore about the War in Iraq.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MILLION DOORS FOR PEACE

We've created a groundbreaking online system to show you a list of new or infrequent voters in your neighborhood. These are exactly the people who we need to reach to bring the war to an end. On Saturday, September 20th, with your help, we'll knock on one million doors and ask them to sign our petition to end the war in 2009.

I can't begin to stress how important this mobilization is to the future of the peace movement. We've brought together a coalition of progressive organizations including MoveOn, Democracy for America, United for Peace and Justice and over a dozen others for this one national day of action.

We're less than 60 days before the most critical election in a generation. That's why the time is now to escalate our movement and send a message that politicians can't afford to ignore.

Thanks for refusing to be silent,

-Ilya

Ilya Sheyman
Online Organizer

Forward this email to your friends who want to end the War in Iraq.

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for TrueMajority.

To stop ALL email from TrueMajority, click here to remove yourself from our list.

TrueMajority.org is a grassroots group of citizens who believe in America's true values of openness, fairness and compassion. We believe participating in an effective government is the best way to be mutually responsible for our community. TrueMajority is a project of USAction, a 501(c)(4) organization under the IRS tax code.

TrueMajority.org / USAction, 1825 K St. NW, Suite 210, Washington, DC 20006 (802) 735-9110
?