[Chat] Trees and tree maintenance

gary letteron glue39 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 15:06:39 EDT 2009

(This is a second try.  if it posts twice or more, my apologies.)

This Sunday at 10:00 AM, a few of us are meeting in front of the Benefits
District office, 2434 St Paul...  and will be pruning street trees in the
area--maximum effort: 2 hours.

All are welcome.

For the future, we're planning tree maintenance one Sunday a month...
mostly mulching.

Sometime this spring, probably within the next 5 weeks, there will be a
serious Community Tree Planting--about 50 new trees coming into the
neighborhood.  (It might get split between 2 weekends.)  We'll need all the
help we can get.

Remember, our street trees are public property and belong to everybody.  A
person must be trained and have permission to work on them, or be with
someone who has that training and permission.  Bad pruning or other bad work
can seriously harm a tree!  ('nuff said there.)

If people are interested, we can set up a training with the Division of
Forestry.  Meanwhile, all are welcome, please join us.

-=G=-

May the fleas of a thousand Chevrolets infest the arm pits of you and your
family.

-Unknown

               \\\|/// <file:///\\|\>

              \\ - - //