[Chat] [Discussion] retractable dog leashes

Daniel Grayskull grayskull74 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 10:29:33 EDT 2009

GREAT ARTICLE!  I'm going to pass it around to all my friends who have dogs.

I have a dog, and one of the first things the worker at the SPCA told us is to never use one of those retractable leashes when walking our dog.

Not only are they dangerous to the person, but also to the dog. I was told about instances where the walker of the dog would accidently let go or the spring mechanism would give, flying out of the person's hand and hitting the dog  in the head causing it major injury or death.

I use a regular leash (about 6ft long) with a built in handle.

Besides regular leashes are more affordable then those fancy retractable ones.

"Logic is the cement of our civilization with which we ascend from chaos using reason as our guide."

T'plana-hath

(Matron of Vulcan Philosophy)