[Chat] Assistance with recycling

Haydee M. Rodriguez hrodr001 at umaryland.edu
Sat Oct 10 03:13:10 EDT 2009

I have family in Charles Village and for the 3rd time now
the recycling trucks have left the very large paper
bag behind. The bag--which positively cannot
be missed--had been placed in the corner of 33rd and
Guilford, where the city used to pick it up.

After the second time the bag was left behind, I called 311. I went
a couple of rounds with the operator who told me that the bag needed
to be placed in the alley, adding that since
the 1-1 change,
all recycling was to be placed in the same place as the regular
trash.

The city managed to respond and pick up the
bag of recycling the second time--I am sure only because I told them
I would call Mary Pat's office, and Channel 2.

Lo and behold, it was left behind just last week, once again.

Is it that difficult for city employees to grab a bag that is
clearly filled  with recycling and take it?

Someone
kindly offer some advise that will make this seemingly very simple task
even more simple--we are committed to easing the devastation to the
environment, but the employees of "Charm City"  are not
making it easy.

 Thanks so much.

Haydee M. Rodriguez