[Chat] Assistance with recycling

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Mon Oct 12 12:42:06 EDT 2009

Dear Haydee and Kevin:

I am forwarding your recycling questions to Matthew Bradby, Sanitation
Supervisor, and David Hill, Executive Director, of the Charles Village Community
Benefits District, Managing Authority (collects a mandatory surtax and
delivers services to area spanning the boundaries of 4 community associations)
with a copy to Jennifer Erickson, President of the Charles Village Civic
Association (community association which collects annual dues).

Matthew will be able to answer your question because he meets regularly
with the Baltimore City Department of Public Works about such issues,
especially the person who supervises the sanitation workers. Matt can be reached at
the CVCBD offices at 410-235-4411 or by email.  I just called the CVCBD
office to give him the heads up but no one answers so they must be closed for
Columbus Day. So give Matthew a call tomorrow to follow up with him.  You can
always send him a follow up email.

The CHAT list is not the official communication vehicle for either the CVCA
organization or the CVCBD.  I just use it as a resident to make sure that
news gets out.  Therefore, any complaints you have about city sanitation
services should be directed to Matthew at the CVCBD. Also, check out the CVCBD
website at www.charlesvillage.org for more information about services
provided.

The CVCA has a sanitation committee which assists the CVCBD with
neighborhood cleanups like the one that is happening this Saturday, October 17 from
9-12.  (Check CVCBD website and recent mailings.)  The CVCA is currently
setting up its new website at www.charlesvillage.net but there is currently no
sanitation info on it as far as I know.  Let me know if you want to join the
CVCA and its sanitation committee.  You can send an email to Jennifer
Erickson, President, when you have any questions or concerns.

I hope this information helps you reach a satisfactory conclusion to your
issue and understand the best way to contact the CVCBD and CVCA in the
future.  If you do not receive a satisfactory response, please let me know.

I hope to meet you tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 13, at 6 PM - SS
Phillip &James Church, 29th and Charles, for the CVCBD Quad Elections and Bylaw
review.  I am sure that we can get the answer to your question at that time.

Sharon L. Guida, Board Member, CVCA
2746 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-889-0436 (home)