[Chat] Assistance with recycling

Haydee M. Rodriguez hrodr001 at umaryland.edu
Mon Oct 12 19:19:23 EDT 2009

Dear Sharon:

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I will
follow through with the contacts you have kindly provided should the issue
not be resolved. Between your prompt action, and Mary Pat Clarke's, I
think the issue will be happily resolved.

I would love to
attend, unfortunately, I was recently diagnosed with cancer and dealing
with other serious issues, but trying to help my Mom who lives in Charles
Village.

Again, thank you so much.

Haydee

Dear Haydee and Kevin:

> I am forwarding
your recycling questions to Matthew Bradby, Sanitation

Supervisor, and David Hill, Executive Director, of the Charles Village
> Community
> Benefits District, Managing Authority
(collects a mandatory surtax and
> delivers services to area
spanning the boundaries of 4 community
> associations)

with a copy to Jennifer Erickson, President of the Charles Village Civic

> Association (community association which collects annual dues).

> Matthew will be able to answer your question because
he meets regularly
> with the Baltimore City Department of Public
Works about such issues,
> especially the person who supervises
the sanitation workers. Matt can be
> reached at
> the
CVCBD offices at 410-235-4411 or by email. I just called the CVCBD
> office to give him the heads up but no one answers so they must be
closed
> for
> Columbus Day. So give Matthew a call
tomorrow to follow up with him. You
> can
> always send
him a follow up email.

> The CHAT list is not the
official communication vehicle for either the
> CVCA

organization or the CVCBD. I just use it as a resident to make sure that

> news gets out. Therefore, any complaints you have about city
sanitation
> services should be directed to Matthew at the CVCBD.
Also, check out the
> CVCBD
> website at
www.charlesvillage.org for more information about services

provided.

> The CVCA has a sanitation committee which
assists the CVCBD with
> neighborhood cleanups like the one that
is happening this Saturday,
> October 17 from
> 9-12.
(Check CVCBD website and recent mailings.) The CVCA is currently
> setting up its new website at www.charlesvillage.net but there is

> currently no
> sanitation info on it as far as I know.
Let me know if you want to join
> the
> CVCA and its
sanitation committee. You can send an email to Jennifer

Erickson, President, when you have any questions or concerns.

> I hope this information helps you reach a satisfactory
conclusion to your
> issue and understand the best way to contact
the CVCBD and CVCA in the
> future. If you do not receive a
satisfactory response, please let me
> know.
>
> I hope to meet you tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 13, at 6 PM -
SS
> Phillip &James Church, 29th and Charles, for the CVCBD
Quad Elections and
> Bylaw
> review. I am sure that we
can get the answer to your question at that
> time.
>

> Sharon L. Guida, Board Member, CVCA
> 2746 Maryland
Avenue
> Baltimore, MD 21218
> 410-889-0436 (home)
> 410-467-4409 (work)
> 410-467-4410 (work fax)

410-960-1139 (cell)
> SLG2700 at cs.com
>

> In a message dated 10/10/2009 03:07:47 Eastern Daylight Time,
> hrodr001 at umaryland.edu writes:
>>
>> I have
family in Charles Village and for the 3rd time now the recycling
>> trucks have left the very large paper bag behind. The
bag--which
>> positively
>> cannot be missed--had
been placed in the corner of 33rd and Guilford,
>> where
>> the city used to pick it up.

After the second time the bag was left behind, I called 311. I went a
>> couple of rounds with the operator who told me that the bag
needed to be
>> placed
>> in the alley, adding
that since the 1-1 change, all recycling was to be
>> placed
in the same place as the regular trash.

>> The
city managed to respond and pick up the bag of recycling the second
>> time--I am sure only because I told them I would call Mary
Pat's office,
>> and
>> Channel 2.
>>

>> Lo and behold, it was left behind just last week, once
again.

>> I don't get it--is it that difficult
for city employees to grab a bag
>> that
>> is
clearly filled with recycling and take it?

Someone kindly offer some advise that will make this seemingly very
>> simple
>> task even more simple for these
employees.

From:
"Kevin Zeese" <kzeese at earthlink.net>
>>Subject: Re: [Chat] Assistance with recycling
>>To:
"'The Charles Village Chat List'"
<chat at charlesvillage.info>
marypat.clarke at baltimorecity.gov

>>I had a
similar problem with recycling the last few weeks. I had

recycling

>>in a trash can next to all the other
recycling, paper bags and such. And
>>this was the third week
they didn't pick it up (it was getting full).
>>Luckily, at
7:20 or so I heard the recycling truck and got out of bed,

ran

>>outside and saw they had not picked it up.
They were a few houses down
>>and
>>I pulled the
recycling over and told they missed this one for the third
>>week
>>in a row. One guy apologized, the other, who
was responsible, didn't say