[Chat] funeral homes?

debbie jones debjackemandpie at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 11:17:52 EDT 2009

I know several people, incl. family members, who have used Mitchell-Wiedefeld on York Rd., near News Channel 2.  There was an article in one of the news magazines a couple of years ago about cutting funeral costs.  The main points were:  order the coffin directly online (the funeral home must accept it), and don't pay extra for special metal liners, evidently embalming is a major expense and unnecessary; unless it's open casket, and order all flowers yourself to avoid "middle man" mark-up's, which can be sizeable.    It's an emotional time, but the article stated that you could save hundreds to thousands of dollars following these steps.  Hope this helps.

Take care,

Debbie