[Chat] RPP Area 12 and 12 A update

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Thu Sep 24 10:18:58 EDT 2009

From: Bonnie Bessor <bbessor at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: RPP 12 and 12A
To: Dana Moore <radazania at yahoo.com>

Dana, I have investigated the RPP online problem and received an update
from the office staff. Can you please send the message below out to the CVCA
list? I will send to the AIA list. Even though this is not my doing, I offer
my deepest apologies to everyone for this inconvenience. I wish I had more
control over it, but unfortunately, I do not.

I have spoken with Gail Desch at the RPP office regarding residents'
trouble with purchasing permits online. She explained to me that they are still in
the process of updating the new RPP system to recognize all of the
addresses in Area 12 and 12A. There are also several kinks in the new system that
they are trying to work out. This is why many people are having trouble. She
was not able to give me a date on which she thinks they will be all up to
date on entering these addresses. Unfortunately, I was not aware of this
problem until today.

Here is what Gail said people should do if they want to purchase their
permits online sooner than later:

1) Call the Parking Authority Office at 443-573-2800

2) Tell them they are in Area 12 and want to purchase their RPP and can't
get access online.

3) Give them their address. The RPP staff will update it in the system.

4) Once it is updated, the residents should be able to go online and
purchase the permit.

Information from our accounts in the "old" system has been transferred into
the new system. IF you have forgotten your password, call the RPP office at
443-573-2800 and they will reset your account. DO NOT try to open a new
account. It will only make the problem worse.

I have also recently learned that there is no"Abell 12A" in the drop down
menu for choosing your neighborhood. I have been assured by the folks at the
RPP office that the system is able to distinguish (based on your address)
whether you are in 12 (Charles Village proper) or 12A (Abell). The only thing
that this affects is the number of guest permits you are allowed.

Again, my apologies. I hope the folks at the Parking Authority are able to
work out the kinks soon. When I hear from them that all addresses have been
entered, I will get another email out to the neighborhood lists.

Bonnie Bessor
Volunteer RPP Area 12 Liaison