[Chat] Sun's electronic edition free download this week

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Thu Feb 11 10:39:59 EST 2010

Hello, neighbors,

The Baltimore Sun is offering their electronic edition
for free through Feb. 14th due to the snow.  See

    http://rewards.baltimoresun.com/  .

This electronic edition is a recent development.
I tried it out yesterday, and the user interface is
pretty good.  You view a graphic display of the
paper on the left side of your screen, and when
you click on a story, it opens a text display on
the right side (as though you were reading it
on a standard web page).

Kathleen and I were long-time subscribers, but
we cancelled a few months back when we got
sick of all the ads and the dramatic cut in the
number of stories.  It was partly a protest and
partly a way to reduce paper.  I was wishing
they had an electronic edition, so I'm pleasantly
surprised to see this available.

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://EmilVolcheck.com/