[Chat] Available parking lots

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Wed Feb 10 16:59:38 EST 2010

Chad and others:

The City is in Phase III of Snow Emergency - Wednesday, February 10, 2010
11:16 AM EST

City implements "Phase III" of snow emergency plan. This means: only
authorized emergency vehicles are permitted on roadways.

The CVCBD put out the alert and the City's website also shows this as well.
If you haven't signed up for the Nixle or CVCBD alerts I would suggest
doing do. Both have been valuable resources updating City residents on what is
happening. Both have been timely with alerts on what to do and where to go
for help.

If you don't already have it, the City's Snow Page website is:

http://www.baltimorecity.gov/Government/AgenciesDepartments/Transportation/TheSnowPage.aspx

The City Snow Page shows all free City lots and it also shows which streets
are on snow emergency routes.

The Baltimore Police notice site is at http://local.nixle.com .  You should
sign up for this.

Also go to the Charles Village Community Benefits District website to sign
up for Crime and Grime alerts is at http://www.charlesvillage.org .

Residents are urged to listen to radio and television for updates. Those
interested in additional information and throughout this weather event can
visit www.396snow.com or call the city's snow line at 410-396-SNOW.

Update to JHU's nieghborhood parking option: ONLY the Ellerslie lot @ 33rd
across from the Y is FREE to neighbors for parking &with the restrictions
noted previously (responsibility of parkers there to dig themselves out if
there is more snow, JHU has no liability, and there is no parking of more than
three days in a row). All other JHU lots are subject to hourly rates.

For folks desperate for a place to move their cars -- this from Charlie
Kelly. Years ago he told me that when the snow plans impact CV, he moves his
car to the garage across from the Charles Theater and leaves it there until
streets are clear. Just a thought for those who are desperate and willing to
pay the daily fee ($8, the last time I parked there).  Lee Truelove

Some people are using the Union Memorial Parking Garage and some are using
the Future Care Parking lot for a fee.

Stage II was implemented on Monday so cars on snow emergency routes will
have to be moved for plowing as soon as Stage III is lifted.

Below is a list of contact numbers, should you need assistance during this
weather event.

IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS
Emergency ……………. 9-1-1
Non-emergency assistance………. 3-1-1
BGE ……………877-778-2222
Verizon ………..800-275-2355

That is all of what I know as of this moment.  If anyone learns more,
please share.

Sharon Guida