[Chat] Put trash out in front tomorrow.

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Mon Feb 22 13:53:45 EST 2010

The following is taken from the Department of Public Works web page
http://www.baltimorecity.gov/Government/AgenciesDepartments/PublicWorks.aspx

What it is saying in a nutshell is that we should put out our trash
tomorrow in front of our houses.

We will see whether this is still in effect for Thursday's recycling
collection.

A quick look at a few alleys tells me that some are not yet clear enough
for trash trucks, so I personally agree with the decision by the DPW
simply to ask residents to put trash out in front.  Also, I have seen
bags of trash left from last week.  Please move them to where they will
be picked up, and in the future, please use trash cans with lids.  And I
have seen recycling in plastic bags.  Although the City has been picking
those up, they require more work for the City to process.  Please use
paper bags, cardboard cartons or recycling bins (and you may use a
regular trash can if it is labeled as recycling).

Also, when it is windy, try to see to it that your recycling will not be
picked up by the wind, perhaps by putting cans and bottles on top of the
paper.

Steve.