[Chat] Heart's Place

Lauren Redmond laredmond at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:37:52 EST 2010

Emil, thanks for the info about the fundraiser.  I don't think that we will be able to go at this late notice because of our 2 kids, but hopefully others on this Chat listserve may be able to.  I will definitely be giving what we can.

Greg et al, I don't know whether they did not respond because they are overwhelmed with their financial problems right now, but I did contact someone there in December and dropped off bags of toys left over from our Village Parents Toy Swap.  I had called two numbers-- the church number and then I found the number for Heart's Place directly (410-235-9269) .  I didn't hear back from the church until weeks later, but I had gotten an immediate call back from Heart's Place Shelter.  They were very grateful to have something to give to kids who were there during the holiday season.  I hope that they are able to make it over this financial hump and that the Charles Village community will be able to contribute now and in the future.

http://www.stjohnsbaltimore.org/heart%E2%80%99splaceshelter

Lauren

Lauren Redmond
2636 Guilford Ave.