[Chat] Northern District Meeting

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Thu Dec 8 14:01:04 EST 2011

Judy,

This is a meeting specifically to deal with the prostitution problems in
the southern part of Charles Village.  It is not the Northern Community
Council meeting.

When it is dark out, either at night or early in the morning, there are
a lot of prostitutes, many of whom are transvestites, out on the streets
generally below 27th.  Some of them have very much harassed residents
and businesses in that area.  At the meeting at Lovely Lane Church a few
weeks ago concerning crime and sponsored by City Council members Mary
Pat Clarke and Carl Stokes, people from that area were most concerned
about prostitution.

Fortunately, we in the Abell area have not had a problem with prostitution.

Note  that questions are to be sent in writing to CVCBD.  So the meeting
is specifically for Charles Village.  It was announced yesterday at the
monthly meeting of the Safety Advisory Council at CVCBD headquarters.
Included in the attendees at that meeting were Major Tapp-Harper, Deputy
Major Worley and Officer O'Donnell from Northern District, Shonté Drake
from the Office of the State's Attorney, representatives from JHU and
Union Memorial, and residents of Charles Village.  And there was quite a
bit of discussion of the prostitution problem.

Steve