[Chat] Northern District Meeting

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Thu Dec 8 14:11:31 EST 2011

Judy:

No, it is a special meeting set up just yesterday by CVCBD between the
Northern District and the community associations within CVCBD boundaries, i.e.,
Abell, Charles Village, Harwood, and Old Goucher regarding the prostitution
problem in various parts of the Greater Charles Village area.  Problem areas
identified by residents so far are: below 25th Street between Guilford and
Howard Streets, Calvert and 27th Streets, and the 2500-2600 blocks of
Maryland and Howard Streets. Complaints are old and ongoing below 25th Street and
in 2011 areas north of 25th Street have seen an increase in activity which I
fear may be a result of the increased enforcement efforts below 25th
Street, i.e., moving the problem around instead of resolving it.

At the October 19th Charles Village Safety Meeting, Major Tapp-Harper
advised us that the Northern District had a plan for enhancing enforcement
efforts to rid the area of prostitution which included sending written warning
notices to the homes of the johns, and other examples of directing the
enforcement toward the customers.  The Major is holding this additional meeting
because the complaints continue to come from residents but when she checks the
911 calls they are not as numerous as the complaints she is receiving in
community meetings. Therefore, she is offering the residents this additional
opportunity to provide the Northern District with more detailed information
about the location and severity of the activity.  That is the reasons residents
are being asked to submit specific questions and/or reports of activity
with details prior to the meeting.

The Northern District Community Council meetings are held on the 3rd
Wednesday of each month at the Northern District Office at 6 PM which is the same
date as the CVCA Board Meetings so the CVCA has been looking for a volunteer
to gather community concerns from the CVCA Safety Committee, to attend
those meetings and report back to the CVCA Safety Committee each month.  If
anyone is interested in assisting the community with that, please let me know.

Sharon Guida, CVCA Safety Committee

In a message dated 12/8/2011 1:12:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jdydee at verizon.net writes:
> Is this the same as the community council meetings?    judy

Subj:   Northern District Meeting