[Chat] Mice

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Sat Feb 19 12:02:52 EST 2011

It CVCBD has one of its mesh trash cans nearby, ask CVCBD to remove it
until CVCBD gets the new rat-resistant trash cans that it says that it
plans to buy.  That will help a bit.  Near where I live, the rats have a
feast from the CVCBD trash can at 30th and Guilford (at my request,
they  removed the can, but then they put it back).

Also, I will second John's suggestion.  At one time, I had a bird feeder
and could not get rid of mice.  Finally, I got rid of the bird feeder
and voilà, no more mice.

The only way to really get rid of rats and mice is not to feed them.

Incidentally, rats do not travel very far.  DNA studies apparently have
shown distinct slight differences between rats in West Baltimore and
rats in East Baltimore, or so I have read.

Steve