[Chat] private trash collection

Eric Dymond ericdymond at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:17:51 EDT 2011

Here's the relevant text from the city ordinances.  I couldn't figure out
how to link directly to the subsection, but it's in the Civil Citations
digest, under Title 7 of the Health Code
http://www.baltimorecity.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=f%2fJHpZjoT1Q%3d&tabid=159

Two sections that seemed relevant, the first requires that dumpsters be
labeled with the company name and container registration number, the second
lays out the permitted hours (7am to 11 pm).

*

§ 7-219. Identification of containers.
*

(a) *In general.
*

Each waste container that has a capacity of 2 cubic yards or more must be
labeled with:

(1) the name of the licensee; and

(2) an identification number assigned by the Commissioner.

(b) *Form.
*

The label must be:

(1) on the outside of the container; and

(2) in permanent lettering that is:

(i) plainly distinguishable; and

(ii) at least 3 inches high.
*

(City Code, 1976/83, art. 11, §269(e).) (Ord. 99-548.)
*

*§ 7-221. Hours of collection.*

(a) *In general.
*

Except as specified in subsection (b) of this section, no hauler may collect
solid waste in the

City before 7 a.m. or after 11 p.m. on any day, weekends and legal holidays
included.

(b) *Nonresidential areas.
*

A licensee may collect solid waste at any time from a business, commercial,
industrial,

institutional, or other nonresidential use structure as long as no
residential structure is within

100 feet of any collection point.

. . . .
*

(City Code, 1976/83, art. 11, §26(f).) (Ord. 99-548.)
*