[Chat] Toad Lilies to give away

Karen Morley kdmorley at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 11:58:12 EDT 2012

I have several big clumps of Toad Lily that I have dug up from my garden.  They are easy to grow in the right spot - shady & moist - and look like little orchids when they bloom in the fall.  They continue to bloom until frost so are a great addition to the garden when little else is in bloom.  They are spectacular and bees like them.   http://www.perennialreference.com/perennials/tricyrtis.html  I think I have Tricyrtis hirta.......they get about 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall with pink/purple flowers.  The do need shade and water or the leaves burn in the summer heat.
 They spread slowly to form big clumps.

Karen Morley
kdmorley at yahoo dot com