[Chat] help with internet connection

Dawna Cobb dawnacobb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 17:08:12 EDT 2012

Hi all: This is for the techies among you.  I use a Mac and an Airport to
connect to my Verizon DSL wireless network.

While we were away for a couple of weeks we unplugged our computers.  I am
now unable to connect to our wireless network for very long.  The network
shows up, the Airport light is green, all the modem lights are on.  I have
unplugged the airport and re-started to no avail.  The diagnostic I ran
says that I have either entered the wrong password or network name, have
chosen the wrong kind of security or may be out of range with the base
station.  Of those possibilities the only one might be the wrong type of
wireless security, but I am not sure what my security is. I thought it was
WPA but I see there are other possibilities.   Any suggestions for how to
correct the problem??

Thanks so much,  Dawna

--
Dawna Cobb