[Chat] suspicious person

judy berlin jdydee at verizon.net
Wed Feb 1 10:20:54 EST 2012

Tues, ar'd mid 4pm give or take, my neighbour called to tell me of a
young man,knocking on doors, asking to see people's BG&E bill. Talking
about a 30% discount. He would need the account # to call in for the
discount. I tried to engage him in conversation while my neighbour
called the police.
During the wait for police, I call BG&E. Took me 15minutes to talk to a
voice. I got sneaky and pressed the gas leak choice in the menu. I was
told under no circumstances would a BG&E employee OR any subcontractor
come to a home requesting to see the bill.
I realise no violent crime was in progress, but waiting for the police
was like waiting for Congress to agree on something. This occurred in
the Barclay, Vineyard neighbourhood.

Be aware.

Judy