[Chat] Another break-in

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Wed Mar 21 10:52:03 EDT 2012

Greg:

I have forwarded your message to Diana Mitchell, Community Safety
Coordinator, at CVCBD, and to Deputy Major Worley of Northern District, for followup
and discussion about enhanced patrols in that area.  If an arrest is made,
Deputy Major Worley will let us know.

Deputy Major Worley stated at a recent meeting that year to date crime in
charles village is up about 15% simply due to an increase in burglaries.
Robberies and larceny from auto are both down.   He stated that the crime stats
are lower above 28th Street where JHU Security Patrols.  He stated that he
has worked on segway patrols in the past in Mt Vernon and finds them a great
tool for that area and would be a great tool for Charles Village.

The CVCBD proposes to raise the surtax in order to, among other things,
provide an off-duty police patrol of targeted areas and is holding a public
meeting to discuss the FY 2013 Budget plan on Tuesday, March 27, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
at  Lovely Lane Church, 22nd and Saint Paul St.  There will be a
presentation of the budget and program services recommended by the CVCBDMA Board that
asks for a surtax rate increase from the current 12 cents per $100 of
assessed property value to 12.5 cents per $100.  This equates to an approx average
tax increase to residential property homeowners of approximately $5/year.

To view the CVCBD's current supplemental Programs/Services, please go to
http://charlesvillage.org/bylaws.html and click on Baseline Agreement with the
Community 2012.  This coming fiscal year, the CVCBD is looking to provide
even more services/programs.

Please encourage your neighbors who may not have received this announcement
to attend, listen, and voice their thoughts. The CVCBD would like a good
turnout and wants to hear your thoughts. The CVCBD will be posting information
with respect to the proposed plans on its website in the coming days.
Please look for a preview of the meeting materials at: www.charlesvillage.org You
may also provide your comments and input regardless of whether or not you
can attend the CVCBD Public Hearing/Meeting. Your thoughts matter and the
CVCBD wants to hear from you. Comments may be sent to the Charles Village Civic
Association Membership email box: Membership at CharlesVillage.net or may be
made directly to the CVCBD (www.charlesvillage.org). Regards, Jennifer
Erickson, CVCA representative to the CVCBDMA Board Bud Beehler, CVCA
Representative to the CVCBDMA Board.

The CVCBD Board has not made a decision, but is proposing a
plan/recommendation to the Community.   Your opinion at this hearing/public meeting will be
heard and matter when the CVCBD Board recommends a surtax rate to the City
for the coming fiscal year effective July 1, 2013.  You have a chance to
express your support for increasing surtax revenue or to urge the Board to
reconsider its recommendation in some way.

Sharon Guida, CVCA Safety Committee
410-467-4409