[Chat] Fw: More trees to be planted on our reservoir lands

Schlegel, William B CW4 RES USAR USARC william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Fri Oct 12 08:06:59 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Baltimore Public Works" <baltimorecity at alerts.baltimorecity.gov>
To: <william.schlegel at us.army.mil>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:42 PM
Subject: More trees to be planted on our reservoir lands

dpw FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Thursday, October 11, 2012  [
http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/MDBALT-570072?reqfrom=share ]

*Prettyboy Watershed Alliance Receives Grants*

*More trees to be planted in the watershed** *

Public Works Director Alfred H. Foxx today congratulated the Prettyboy
Watershed Alliance on receiving two grants from the Chesapeake Bay Trust.
The grants, totaling $5,666, will be used to plant trees in the Prettyboy
Watershed this fall.

The Prettyboy Watershed Alliance is a citizen-led group of local residents
committed to protecting and restoring our land and our streams that drain to
the Prettyboy Reservoir. Its mission is to promote landowner stewardship,
build public-private partnerships and advocate watershed protection and
restoration.

“Since 2003, our tremendous partners at the Prettyboy Watershed Alliance
have planted 5000 trees to help protect our vital drinking water as well as
to restore the natural forest and wildlife habitat,” said Director Foxx.
“Trees are essential to preventing runoff and they absorb pollutants which
would otherwise enter our raw water supply.”

Prettyboy, on the Gunpowder Falls, is one of three Baltimore City-owned
reservoirs. The others are Loch Raven, downstream from Prettyboy, and
Liberty on the North Branch of the Patapsco River. These provide excellent
quality drinking water to 1.8 million people in the region every day.

The Prettyboy Watershed Alliance will hold its next tree planting on
Saturday, October 20, 2012 from 9:00am - 1:00pm. Volunteers are welcome! To
learn more please contact: Program Project Manager Ben Larson at
benbrorlarson at gmail.com or you can call him at 443-676-5074.

For more information on our reservoir lands, please contact the Media and
Community Affairs Division at 410-545-6541.

 Contact: Shonte' Eldridge Kurt Kocher Telephone: 410-545-6541 Telephone:
410-396-4511 email: Shonte.Eldridge at baltimorecity.gov
<Celeste.Amato at baltimorecity.gov%20> <Celeste.Amato at baltimorecity.gov%20>
email: Kurt.Kocher at baltimorecity.gov <Robert.Murrow at baltimorecity.gov>