[Chat] Officer Jon Walter Retirement

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Mon Sep 10 18:50:55 EDT 2012

Subj:   Officer Jon Walter Retirement
Date:   9/10/2012 4:23:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   Douglas.Gibson at BaltimorePolice.org

Say it isn't so! Good news for our friend Jon Walter......sad news for the
rest of us! Community Relations Officer Jon Walter is retiring at the end of
this month! After 22 years of dedicated "above and beyond the call of duty"
service to the citizens of Baltimore City, and in particular all of us in
the Northern District, Jon is wrapping things up and has placed a big red
circle around September 28 as his last day on the force.

To celebrate Jon's exemplary career with the Baltimore City Police Dept and
to thank Jon for all he has done for each of us and every one of our
communities, we are making plans to bid him a fond farewell at September's
Community Council meeting:

Wednesday, September 19th
7:00pm
Northern District Headquarters
2201 West Coldspring Lane
Followed by "Sobs and Suds" at Zen West @ 9:00

We would also like to present Jon with a special keepsake plaque and an
additional gift of a weekend getaway or something along those lines. In order
to make this happen we are asking for donations from individuals, businesses,
and community associations to drop a check off to me at Bill Henry's
district office (5225 York Road) this week! Please make checks payable to Doug
Gibson. If you can't make it to our office, let me know and I will make
arrangements to come to you!

We want to send Jon off in a grand way! He's been there for all of us! It's
time to show our appreciation!

Sorry for the short notice! Please act today or tomorrow if possible or at
least let me know your intentions, so that we can move forward with his
gifts. You can reach me on 410 396-4830 or 443 255-5470.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone come out on the 19th!