[Chat] JHU announcements

Sharon L. Guida guidahome at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 10:12:53 EDT 2013

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to get an announcement out a littler earlier this year regarding commencement which will take place on May 23 rd .  As you know there are several days of planning on and near campus which effects parking and traffic circulation.  In planning for emergency preparedness, please note the second bullet below regarding restrictions to eastbound traffic on University Parkway.  Once more details about the detour becomes available I will pass that along.

<! > No parking along the curb lane of University Parkway effective Thursday, May 16 beginning at 4:00pm - Saturday, May 25 at 11:59pm.  We will have signs posted a few days in advance announcing the restrictions.

<!> The eastbound lanes of University Parkway will be closed on Thursday, May 23 from 6:00am - 4:00pm.  This is a new item to allow those attendees in our mobility impaired seating section to park closer to Homewood Field.  In the event of an emergency or evacuation, these individuals will be able to safely and efficiently exit and get to their cars.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during JHU’s commencement.

Melissa Thompson

Johns Hopkins Government & Community Affairs

901 S. Bond St, Suite 540, Baltimore, MD 21231

office.443.287.9900 _ fax.443.287.9898

All –

Recreation and Parks will be doing some seeding on the intramural fields in Wyman Park.  Signage will be displayed on Wednesday, stating that  the turf is under renovation and to stay off; seeding on the field will begin on Monday, April 8.

Please share this with your neighbors.

Thank you,