[Chat] bottle exchange tomorrow in Patterson park-cash for recyclables

Dawna Cobb dawnacobb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 08:34:37 EDT 2013

>From 8 am to 1 pm tomorrow, at the corner of Patterson Park and Eastern
Avenue, Baltimore Trash Talk (BTT), an anti-litter group that I am involved
with, is hosting a bottle exchange.  Participants will receive five cents
for each plastic, glass or aluminum can and bottle returned. The purpose of
the collection is to illustrate the benefits of a bottle return in
Baltimore City and to reduce the amount of recyclables littering the
streets and waterways around Baltimore. If a bottle or can was worth money,
even just a few cents, residents would be less likely to throw it away.
This is supported by research and programming in 10 other states in the
U.S. that have container deposit laws.****

Immediately following the collection of materials, all are welcome to
participate in creating a stream from the recyclable containers (a
rendering of the proposed installation can be found on the Trash
Talk<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baltimore-Trash-Talk/119366028104360?ref=hl>page).
>From 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm, local artists and residents will create a
temporary exhibit in Patterson Park, photograph the results then send the
materials off to be recycled. For more information, visit BTT on Facebook
or email baltimoretrashtalk at gmail.com or me to receive a flier/pdf about
the event. **

** **

Please contact BTT via e-mail or on Facebook at your earliest convenience
as to whether you might be able to volunteer.

I hope to see some of you there.

Best,  Dawna

-
Dawna Cobb