[Chat] Lost cat!

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Tue Oct 22 22:59:40 EDT 2013

Under the 2x8 boards holding up the deck of my back porch at its
perimeter, there are cinder blocks coming up from the sidewalk.  I put
them in originally to make it just about impossible for a burglar to get
under my back porch and to use that route to get into my basement.

Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that a cat would be able to get
in there and not be able to get out.  Hence, I am extremely glad that
Casey apparently heard his cat Sylvia under the porch. I was away at the
time, but my wife Janet let him in to retrieve Sylvia.

The reason I mention all this is that there is a lesson here.
Henceforth, if there is a report of a missing cat nearby, I will check
under my back porch, and anyone with a similar back porch should do
likewise.  I shudder to think of what might have happened if Casey had
not heard Sylvia.

Steve