[Chat] RE: [Discussion] Fw: PAROLE & PROBATION NEGOTIATIONS AT A STANDSTILL: Need yourhelp

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:17:01 EDT 2004

Christian,

I have been aware of the reports of chidren being approached for their urine
for at least 6 months.
Never have I heard of any allegations of child abuse. I can understand why a
community might not want all the sex offenders in the city to report to a
centralized location to meet with their parole officers.

The reasons for the community to oppose the expansion of the facility and to
encourage its relocation are sufficient without having to resort to
fabricating things. But then again when people's emotions are involved they
don't always act logically and the truth can often become distorted.

Rehabbing the housing stock and the location of the Parole & Probation
office are two separate issues that are interrelated whether we like it or
not. I think that the Old Goucher community is taking the position that is
in the best longterm interest of the neighborhood, however I wouldn't
support fabricating things just to get their point accross.

John