[Chat] Fwd: Citizens for the Region Day, Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Crystal cver1001 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 07:50:22 EST 2004

Citizens for the Region Day
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Senate Reception Room
Miller Senate Office Building, 11 Bladen Street,
Annapolis

The Baltimore region is uniting around a growing
determination to create a better future.  Last year
the region’s elected local executives came together
behind the Baltimore Region Rail System Plan.  There
is a growing consensus behind the need to provide drug
addiction treatment to those who need and want it.
And a new state commission is looking at the issue of
affordable housing here and around the state.

On February 18th in Annapolis, urge your state
legislators to work together for our quality of life
by doing the following:

-- Build a first-class regional transportation system
that includes avoiding fare increases and service cuts
and building Phase I of the Baltimore Regional Rail
System Plan;

-- Invest “Community Legacy” funds to revitalize the
region’s older communities;

-- Ensure the availability of drug treatment for all
who need it;

-- Stop sprawl and preserve our rural legacy of farms,
forests, and open spaces;

-- Allow people of all income levels to live near
their jobs rather than concentrating affordable
housing in older neighborhoods.

Please pre-register by returning the form below to
CPHA by February 13 so we can have the right amount of
food for lunch:

Organization (if any)__________________________

Address, incl. zip

Ride bus from CPHA?  Y  N

For more information contact Dan Pontious at
410-539-1369 x226 or danp at cphabaltimore.org