[Chat] theft by check

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Sun Jan 25 21:43:48 EST 2004

Hi , i had an experience where my 'check card' # was used to purchase stuff
from a catalogue. the names of the businesses were on my statement. i called
them. got re imbursement and the delivery address. when i called the police
i was told i had to call the county since the address was in  dundalk. the
county said it was out of their jurisdiction because i lived in the city. i
guess u get the pic. it was under $300 and not considered a felony. i was
also told the bank would have to file a complaint. i just wanted my money
back and all the overdraft fees removed.
how did  u  find out about the checks. who were they made out to? how do u
think the checks got stolen?
judy