[Chat] Clinton and Kerry

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 12:13:51 EDT 2004

It's too bad that Kerry isn't Clinton. But, if things
hold steady under Kerry, that by itself will be better
than continuing the rapid downward slide that we've
been on. NOT endorsing Bush's degradation of the whole
country in the eyes of the rest of the world will at
least be a start toward regaining credibility and
respect. It was only slightly embarrassing to be
overseas during the Monica scandal, but now it could
be deadly, depending on who you happen to run into.

Last Friday I bought a copy of Bill Clinton's book and
I've only read a few pages of it because so many
people keep coming up to me and asking about it. I've
had literally dozens of good conversations with
people. I'm thinking of carrying the book around with
me even after I finish reading it, just to keep giving
folks an excuse to come up to me and starting talking.

>From the few pages that I've read so far, it meets my
expectations -- it's just a story about how one person
was born, survived bullies, made friends, got through
hardships with family, made mistakes, had successes,
etc. Nothing earth shattering, no major secret
sharing, no deep philosophical treatments of economic
policy, etc.

Also, Wednesday is a critical day for reporting
contributions prior to the Democratic Party
Convention. So, make a contribution now to have the
greatest impact on building momentum for November! You
can donate through
http://volunteer.johnkerry.com/member/147804, which is
my own home page for Kerry. When the system updates,
it'll show that I've contributed $1,000 already by
credit card. Don't worry if you can't be that
generous. Every single dollar helps. During the Bake
Sale for Democracy $1 cookies and $2 brownies added up
to more than $500.

Thank you!!!

Crystal