[Chat] OHE meeting, copper ceiling

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach at mac.com
Sat Aug 6 00:22:34 EDT 2005

At 12:25 PM -0400 8/4/05, OldHouseHistory at aol.com wrote:

>P.S.  Greg and I just had a faux copper ceiling installed in our
>front room, filmed for an HGTV show coined "I Want That" that will
>air this fall.  It's a great product, and at $4 a square foot, half
>the cost of real copper...it comes in many different finishes, and
>you can't tell its not real copper even up close...its plastic.
>
>Producers from HGTV often ask me if I know others willing to install
>something like this in their homes for filming purposes, so if
>anyone is, send along your email and I'll create a list to forward
>inquires.
>
>Paul K. Williams

Emil and I are having our kitchen redone.  Our house was renovated
around 1990 by Nancy Hubble.  Not a total shock, since it was
renovated by a realtor for resale, and not by an occupying owner,
some of the work done was not of the highest quality.  We had
been thinking about renovating the kitchen.  When one of our
kitchen cabinets fell off the wall without warning, we put it
back up and began thinking about redoing the kitchen seriously.

One of our dreams was to replace the missing tin ceiling in
the kitchen.  A couple of houses on the 3000 block of Guilford
still have them but unfortunately, not ours.  Someone recommended
this place called M-boss http://www.mbossinc.com/
The tiles are actually made of aluminum and clear coated ones are
$12.50.  The copper colored ones are $21.50 and real copper is $28.50.
Each panel is 2' X 2'.  So, not quite as inexpensive as what Paul
is mentioning but the "tin" colored ones are not that much more
than what he is talking about.  I don't know if HGTV would
be interested in our project, but we are always interested in helping
to promote Charles Village.

-Kathleen Wilsbach