[Chat] Biking in balto

crg langwidge at erols.com
Sat Feb 5 09:36:06 EST 2005

Posted by Christine Gray

 Neighborhoods First: Making Baltimore Biker Friendly

Some of the best cities around the country have figured out how to help
bicyclists travel through busy streets and scenic areas quickly and easily.
On January 13th, Baltimore held its first meeting to gather input from
interested citizens on how we could improve Baltimore for bicyclists and
keep up with competing metropolitan areas.

Over 100 enthusiasts turned out with valuable insights into the concerns of
bicyclists. As a follow up, our Department of Planning is currently working
on a proposal to make Baltimore much friendlier for two-wheelers. Our intent
is to build paths, improve safety, and develop roads to better suit our
peddling public as they move through Baltimore neighborhoods and downtown.
When the plan is complete this Fall, they'll be an opportunity for those
invested to review and comment on our ideas. If you missed the meeting, and
are interested in offering your suggestions, please visit our online survey
at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=86355743450.