[Chat] THANKS for the Wet/Dry vacs

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Sat Jan 22 15:19:29 EST 2005

Thank you Rollin, Joel, John, Didon, and Odette for calling!  (Sorry
if I missed anyone!)  We got wet/dry vacs from Joel and Rollin.  It
took us 20 or so trips to get up all the water we could.  Now we have
the unpleasant task of sorting through waterlogged items.  There was
not more than two inches of water at the deepest.

Here's what happened.  We lost water this morning.  We thought it
might be a frozen pipe.  Chris Jensen suggested bringing a space
heater to the front part of the basement to warm the pipes and to hook
up a hose to the front basement wall faucet release water.  We should
have stayed and watched, but we left it.  In less than 15 minutes, the
pipes thawed enough to let water through.  The water flowed so fast
that it filled up our bucket and spilled onto the floor.

Thanks everyone -- I was surprised that I heard from people so
quickly.  You're great!

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck