[Chat] BGE outage

Emily Chalmers echalmers at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 17 10:28:00 EDT 2005

John--

I don't mean to be testy, but we are NOT a developing country. The
comparison doesn't work. And what precisely do you propose my disabled
neighbor do when the temperature in the upstairs of his rowhouse where he
is currently confined rises above 90 degrees and he can't even plug in a
fan? Go sit on the curb?

We had a power outage in this grid about 3 months ago. At this point, I am
interested to see a breakdown of BGE outages by grid and to find out when
and how BGE determined where points requiring "major" servicing would be
situated.

I personally am NOT grateful for BGE. BGE and Verizon are the two best
excuses for deregulation I have ever seen, and generally I am opposed to
deregulation. I have managed to end all contact with Verizon, but thus far
I have been unable to generate my own electricity.