[Chat] Fw: Reminder and Upcoming Events!

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Tue Jun 26 10:31:30 EDT 2007

 FYI
----- Original Message -----
From: "Parks & People" <info at parksandpeople.org>
To: "W. Schlegel" <william.schlegel at us.army.mil>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 6:17 PM
Subject: Reminder and Upcoming Events!

The Parks & People Foundation will be holding COMMUNITY GRANTS WORKSHOPS for
the Fall 2007 funding rounds of the Neighborhood Greening (awards up to
$1,000) and Partnerships for Parks (awards up to $5,000) grant programs.

A refresher workshop for applicants familiar with the grant programs will be
held on Tuesday, June 26 from 6-7pm.

A comprehensive workshop for new applicants will be held on Thursday, June
28 from 6-8pm.

Every organization applying for a grant MUST send at least one member to one
of these workshops.

Location:
Parks & People Foundation Office
Stieff Silver Building
800 Wyman Park Drive, Suite 010
Baltimore, MD 21211

Refreshments will be served!  Space is limited, please RSVP to 410-448-5663
x111 or grants at parksandpeople.org.

For more information on our grant programs, go to
http://www.parksandpeople.org/programs_great_grants_training.html.

Looking for ways to conserve water this summer?

Join us on Wednesday, July 11 for a Rain Barrel Construction Workshop!
Participants will learn what a rain barrel is and how to construct one.
Workshop is free, participants can take their rain barrels home for $50.
RSVP by Friday, July 6, space is limited to 20 participants!  Go to
http://www.parksandpeople.org/Flyers/rbarrelwkshp.gif for the full workshop
description.

Interested in the parks in your neighborhood?

Join us on Saturday, July 21 for the Partnerships for Parks program’s first
Community & Park Safety Workshop!  Participants will learn about important
issues in keeping our parks safe and what park users can do to help.  Light
breakfast fare and lunch will be provided.  Workshop is free but space is
limited, so please RSVP by Wednesday, July 18!  Go to
http://www.parksandpeople.org/Flyers/ParkSafetyFlyer20070625.pdf for
detailed information.

(If you wish to be removed from our e-mail list, reply to this message with
REMOVE in the subject line.)