[Chat] [Discussion] Dixon's Deep Clean program a bust

OldHouseHistory oldhousehistory at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 11:09:35 EDT 2007

I have to agree with Eric on the way the flyers were distributed.  It would have helped to have a map on them, or even the basics: a telephone number!

I should apologize to the city for distributing a flyer more than two blocks away from their target promising deep clean, and then not following up?   When hundreds of townhouses all around me had the same flyer hanging on their doorknobs, how were we to tell that is was a mistake?  They could have come by a few days later, before the event, and corrected their mistake, and none of this would have been an issue.  Representatives from the City and Clarke's office have since called me with an apology, as they should have.

In the meantime, our alley was impassable for four days (it's being cleaned today).  I wonder what legal action would have resulted if we needed a police cruiser or fire engine in the rear of our houses during the last four days?

And if somebody could donate a voice mail machine for the Mayor's Office, that would be a nice gesture.  They may have even been one in the alley for a few days here...

Paul K. Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc.
2629 Guilford Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218