[Chat] stolen packages from porch

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Thu Dec 11 10:14:12 EST 2008

For those of us who work at home, there are not many options.

I called UPS two days ago because the UPS driver was dropping packages off on
the front porch without ringing the door bell.  I was told by the supervisor
that the driver is ALWAYS supposed to ring the door bell before leaving a
package on the front porch, when a signature is not required.  I also learned that
you can put a sign on your door to leave any packages with a nearby neighbor
and that anyone can call UPS and request that their address be marked
"signature only" for all deliveries.  Depending on the volume, the package may be
redelivered to you at a time when you are home, or you will have to go to the
central pickup in South Baltimore to pick it up.  The supervisor spoke to the
driver and now the driver rings the doorbell before leaving the package on the
porch.

The CVCA will alert Officer O'Donnell and the CVCBD Safety Patrol of this
problem.  It would help if anyone who is a victim of package theft from their
front porch would call 911 to report it and get a report number so that we can
follow up the investigation of that report.

Sharon L. Guida
2746 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-889-0436 (home)