[Chat] The Baltimore International Academy

Schlegel, William B CW4 RES USAR USARC william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Mon Jan 28 14:39:23 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Carl Pelton
To: KBmotivator4u at aol.com ; sschemm at juno.com ; jjohnson at greaterhomewood.org
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:17 PM
Subject: Please help us spread the word

I found your email address on the Live Baltimore website and I am hoping you might be able to help us announce some information about the Baltimore International Academy to your community. My children are students there - and we're really enjoying their experience.

Do you have a listserve? In case you do have a way to advertise this to your members, I truly appreciate your help. There's some information below. If you have any questions, you can contact me at this email or my work  email peltonj at publicjustice.org. I can also be reached on my cell phone at (443)846-1946. General information about the school is available at the contact info below.

Thanks, Jennifer Pelton

Information for publication:

The Baltimore International Academy is a new charter school in Northeast Baltimore - opened our doors this year - and we're recruiting students for the coming school year. We accept students from all over Baltimore City - we're not limited by neighborhood boundaries. We're having several Open Houses this spring: January 29 (this Tuesday,) February 26, March 18, April 22 and May 20. All begin at 7 pm.  The BIA is a language immersion school, Baltimore City's only public school of its kind. Our students learn through full immersion in a foreign language. We follow the Maryland State Volunteer Curriculum so our students learn everything they would learn in an English-speaking school, but with the added benefit of mastering a second language. We will offer 4 immersion tracks for the 2008-09 school year and those are French, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Spanish. We have positions available for students enrolling in Kindergarten and 1st grade.

Open Houses will be held at our campus at 3515 Taylor Avenue - the campus of the Maryland School for the Blind. More information is available from the school at (410)426-3650 or baltimoreinternationalacademy at yahoo.com.