[Chat] [I-NEIGHBORS] ground rent - another reference

Schlegel, William B CW4 RES USAR USARC william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Wed Jan 30 11:03:49 EST 2008

http://www.peoples-law.org/housing/ltenant/legal%20info/ground%20rent%20leases.htm

Ground Rent Leases

Definition

Ground rent leases are long-term leases, often for 99 years, renewable
forever at the option of the tenant.  With a ground rent lease, the tenant
is in a practical sense the owner of the property, and his interest is
usually the more valuable by far.  The tenant pays the real property taxes
and other real property assessments, and has control over the property.  The
landlord may enter and terminate the lease only if tenant is in default in
payment of the rent.  The rights of landlord and tenant may be inherited or
assigned.