[Chat] Pit Bull Attack tonight in CV

Roderick Fry roderickpsu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:08:24 EST 2009

My dog and I were attacked by a pit bull in the alley between Maryland Ave
and Howard St. approximately two months ago.  I had to nearly beat the life
out of the pit bull in order to get it to let go of my dog.  In the process
I seriously cut up my hands and broke my foot.  I held the pit bull by the
throat while my wife called animal control.  Animal control responded by
saying that they would dispatch an officer immediately, and we could expect
them within 72 HOURS!  Needless to say, we then called police, and they
showed up and dealt with the situation.  I provided all of my information
and obtained a police report.  I was told that animal control would contact
me within 24 hours.  I never heard from animal control, and had to verify
the rabies vaccinations of the pit bull on my own.  Luckily, the pit bull's
owner was found, and I was able to obtain the vaccination records.  My
personal experience has been that Baltimore City Animal Control is
worthless.

My happy ending is that my dog has fully recovered.

Rod Fry