[Chat] Fw: [I-NEIGHBORS] Your Feedback Is Sought Regarding Opening A Local Hardware Store

JUDY BERLIN jdydee at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 12:44:31 EST 2009

I  remember 3 mom and pop hardware stores on Greenmount Av. Love to see
another one in the neighborhood, but not at the expense of someone's
safety. That location is isolated, thanks in part to the poor design of
Giant. Let's not forget  that the store manager of the blockbuster was
murdered inside his store. Another 7-11 is not needed at 31st &
Charles. A hardware store is.There are 2 empty spaces at 31st& Chas.
Judy Berlin

On Jan 9, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Kathleen Hruska wrote:

> Hi Gina,
>
> I also use the Home Depot, and Falkenhan's in Hampden.  But to have a
> hardware/garden supply store within walking distance... Heaven!  I
> would also love to see a thriving business in that beautiful old
> building.
>
> Thanks!
> Kathleen
>
> P.S.  Hint: I bought a rotary push lawn mower from an Ace Hardware
> store a few years back.  I bet they'd be popular with our green-minded
> neighbors with small backyards...!
>
> On Thursday, January 08, 2009, at 10:25PM, "David Kinzer"
> <davidkinzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Gina,
>>
>> I agree with Brad.  It would be great to have you in the
>> neighborhood.  I
>> know that many of the homeowners on my block are always renovating or
>> updating their homes to some extent.  I certainly have a long list of
>> intended renovations and upgrades.  Like Brad, I currently shop at
>> the Home
>> Depot on Perring Parkway but would gladly switch to a local business.
>>
>> Best,
>> David
>>
>> 2009/1/8 Schlegel, William B CW4 RES USAR USARC <
>> william.schlegel at us.army.mil>
>>
>>>  Gina,
>>>
>>> It has been over 15 years since a community-based hardware store has
>>> been
>>> in the Greater Waverly area.  I encourage you to pursue this
>>> opportunity and
>>> hope you will hear from other members of the community, as well.
>>> Have you
>>> been in touch with the Waverly Main Street Coordinator, Laura
>>> Kindseth?
>>>
>>> I shop at the Home Depot on Perring Pkwy and get plants at the
>>> Waverly
>>> Farmer's market and another small nursery on Walther Blvd - Walther
>>> Gardens.  there are a few small hardware stores in Hampden, but none
>>> left on
>>> Greenmount Avenue, where there had been two as recently as 1993.
>>>
>>> Please Reply To All My E-Mail Addresses !
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> W. Brad Schlegel
>>> Block Captain - EGLSCA
>>> 1552 Oakridge Road