[Chat] listservs

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:54:08 EST 2010

Lauren,

Here is a description of the two lists take from charlesvillage.info:

"For discussion of the affairs of Charles Village, including vigorous political debate, subscribe to the
Charles Village Discussion List. This list is a free speech forum and is neither monitored nor moderated.

For friendly conversation and news about Charles Village, subscribe to the Charles Village Chat List.
This list is monitored to help ensure civility but is unmoderated"

Basically discussion surrounding the CVCBD got so intense that some people took offense at

others' posts so the chat list was created. There is a fair amount of overlap between members of both
lists which are hosted by Emil Volcheck of the 3000 block of Guilford Ave. The chat list has about

50% more subscribers than the discussion list.

John